Skip to main content


Asthma Action Plans

National and international asthma guidelines recommend that all adults and children with asthma have an Asthma Action Plan (AAP). An AAP clearly explains what medicines to take and when, how to handle problems with asthma at home and when to contact a healthcare provider.

You can learn more about AAPs from the Allergy and Asthma Foundation of America. If you don't have an AAP, you can print one and take it to your healthcare provider to discuss.

Most schools require that students have reliever medication (i.e. albuterol) and an AAP. You can print a Student Allergy/Asthma Plan for Nebraska schools here.

  • American Lung Association
  • UNMC College of Public Health
  • WellCare
  • Nebraska DHHS
  • Children's Hospital & Medical Center Omaha